- Peri Peri Sauce: (This fresh sauce is available on our website)
- 1 Red pepper, deseeded and cut into large chunks
- 1 Red onion, peeled and quartered
- 4 tbsp Olive oil
- ½ tsp Paprika
- ½ tsp Smoked paprika
- ½ tsp Cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Coriander powder
- 2 Garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 Bird’s eye chillies, deseeded
- 2 Red chillies, deseeded
- ¼ tsp White pepper
- ¼ tsp Chilli flakes
- ¼ tsp Rosemary
- 1 tbsp Red wine vinegar
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1.5 tsp Lemon juice
- 1 Butterflied chicken
- 4 Medium red onions peeled and quartered.
- Peri Peri Crema
- 2 tbsp Peri Peri sauce
- 2 tbsp Natural yoghurt
Peri Peri Sauce
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
2. Mix red peppers, onions, chillies, garlic, paprika, smoked paprika, cayenne pepper, coriander, salt and 3 tbsp of olive oil in a bowl.
3. Place the mixture onto a baking tray in the oven and cook for 20 minutes.
4. Remove from the oven, cool the mixture and transfer to a blender. Add the remaining ingredients to the mixture and blend until smooth.
Krazy Kiwi Peri Peri Braai Chicken Peri Pari Crema
1.Preheat a kettle braai for indirect cooking to medium heat.
2.Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel and place the chicken skin side up in an aluminium braai tray.
3.Spread the chicken generously with ¼ cup of the peri peri sauce and leave to marinade at room temperature for about 30 minutes.
4.Place the red onions around the chicken, season with salt.
5.Cook the chicken in the kettle braai for about 45 minutes, until the juices of the chicken run clear.
6.While the chicken is cooking mix the peri peri crema ingredients together.
7.Serve warm with peri peri crèma and a green salad.