- 300g Halloumi - cut into 18 cubes
- 12 Cherry tomatoes, whole
- 1 Red pepper – deseeded and cut into squares
- 1 Yellow pepper – deseeded and cut into squares
- 2 Courgettes, cut into ribbons using a potato peeler
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 tbsp Red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
- 1 tbsp Garlic powder
- 2 tbsp Dried oregano
- 1 tbsp Dried thyme
- 1 pinch Salt and black pepper
1.Mix olive oil, red wine vinegar, lemon juice and herbs and spices in a mixing bowl.
2.Add vegetables to the mixture and coat well.
3.Let the vegetables marinate for 15 minutes at room temperature.
4.Thread the halloumi and vegetables onto 6 skewers. If you are using wooden sosatie sticks, make sure to soak them for at least 30 minutes first, so they do not burn when cooking.
5.Braai over medium coals on an open fire. Turning the sosaties while braaiing to avoid the halloumi sticking to the grid. Sosaties will take between 8-10 minutes to cook.
6.Serve with minty tzatziki sauce.